Branch Operations Manager - Atlanta, GA
Location: Brookhaven, GA
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 /Year
Name: Dave Brewster
What You Need to Know about the Job
The successful candidate for this position will have a mix of management experience, sales experience (counter or field sales), and experience in the handling of building products.
Your Typical Day
- Hands on management position
- Working under the supervision of the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for all day-to-day management, sales and customer service functions within the branch
- Generally no weekend work . . . Monday through Friday
- Excellent advancement opportunities within the company
Overview of Lansing Building Products
- Critical player in the profitability of the branch by assisting the Branch Manager in P & L management
- Report directly to the Branch Manager, who maintains his/her own sales territory
- Responsible for all branch programs and activities in the Branch Manager's absence
- Directly supervise the inside sales staff and the warehouse manager
- Go-to leader for customer service issues and complaints
- Search for ways to improve branch operations and sales
- Monitor all branch operations, including warehouse processes, physical inventory, fleet, payroll, bank deposits, cycle counts, and daily reports using Lansing's "day's work in a day's time" philosophy
- On occasion, it may be necessary for you work in the warehouse alongside your warehouse manager and associates. This work can include loading and unloading boxes of building materials weighing as much as 80 pounds.
- Branch expert using the company's sophisticated inventory management network, which ties all Lansing branches together
- Responsible for hiring branch staff and maintaining staffing
- With "lean" staff in our branches, this is a "do what is necessary" job, requiring you to be flexible in your duties and in your day-to-day activities
- You will also participate in placing outgoing sales calls from the branch
The Lansing Difference
- National "player" in the building products industry . . . headquartered in Richmond, VA . . . in business since 1955.
- Well-established across the country . . . 75+ locations in more than two dozen states.
- Impressive, top-quality product line . . . varies regionally, but usually includes such products as Mastic vinyl siding and accessories, Hardie fiber cement products, and regionally strong brands of windows and doors.
- Great array of our own private-label products . . . including windows, trim coil, gutter coil and siding under the Lansing label.
- Find out more about us at our website: www.lansingbp.com.
The Mission of Lansing Building Products is to provide superior service in supplying exterior building products to professional contractors while maintaining the highest ethical standards. We will accomplish this by:
- Giving our customers the best possible service.
- Achieving excellence in everything we do.
- Showing respect for our associates, customers and suppliers.
- High integrity and high energy while working in a fast paced environment
- Experienced manager and supervisor with the ability to motivate subordinates
- Experience with building products either as a salesperson or in senior warehouse roles
- Ability to meet -- and reach -- personal goals
- Strong interest in sales and/or retail as evidenced by previous jobs or by education
- Excellent interpersonal skills -- the ability to work one-on-one with customers and the ability to resolve sensitive business-related issues
- Strong computer knowledge
- Heavy lifting -- up to 80 pounds -- may be required on occasion
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Industry leading 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Health and Wellness program