Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate
Location: North Charleston, SC
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Also responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
* Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
*Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
*Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
*Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
*Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they are not present.
*Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
*Pulls orders to match manifest.
*Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
*Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
NOTE: Will also work in warehouse when not making deliveries
* Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
* Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
* Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
* Verify computations against physical count of stock.
* Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
We are looking for candidates with:
*Delivery Driving experience.
*Proper licensing relative to equipment.
*Forklift certification preferred.
*High school diploma or GED
*Valid driver’s license
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Vacation time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
* Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran