Location: Lansing, MI
Name: Justen Schilinski
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is to assist the Materials department in controlling the flow of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Match the receiving documents to the corresponding purchase order to ensure receipt of only authorized material
- Verify the accuracy of the shipping/receiving documents to ensure adequate inventory control
- Enter the receipt data into the computer system
- Maintain complete files of purchase order and receipt documents
- Maintain and update TUMS (Trailer Utilization Measurement System)
- Schedule trailers to the dock, inbound and outbound
- Load finished products into trailers
- Generate accurate shipping/receiving documentation
- Enter shipping data into computer system
- Maintain accurate shipment files
- Maintain accurate dock trailer file
- Must be able to work any shift/crew
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, a candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ATTENDANCE - Must have good attendance
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Associates degree (or higher) or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Have good computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and some knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence, including the use of e-mail. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.