MATERIAL & LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
Location: Novi, MI
Pay: $0.00 - $14.00 /Hour
Duties and Responsibilities
(these are the position's essential duties and is not an all inclusive list)
Main areas of responsibilities are:
This person will need to be able to learn/already have knowledge of SAP/PLM.
Spend their day roaming the shop floor finding parts/updating status on missing parts.
Very high pace environment
- Sustain WCM (World Class Manufacturing) in the workplace
- Help to manage FIFO (first in first out) in the workplace.
- Handle material using the designated equipment (Hi-Lo, cart, crane, Tugger, manual pallet jacks/electric pallet jacks, power pusher, jib crane and others) in order to support all plant logistics processes, e.g.: truck unload, receiving, Put away, Picking, feeding, shipping, truck load, warehouse material moving, Inventory, shop floor internal material movement and other plant internal flows.
- Receive materials in the warehouse using SAP system 'posting
- Put away materials in the warehouse using SAP system and/or scan gun
- Pick materials in the warehouse using SAP system and/or scan gun
- Create kits in the warehouse in order to execute internal deliveries and/or ship to other plants/customers using the required material handling method and typology of packaging
- Internal deliveries to machine shop, tool build, integration and other manufacturing areas
- Communicate and research inventory discrepancies and collaborate in the inventory count activities
- Collaborate in the reorganization of materials aimed to increase safety and efficiency
- Report to his/her leader/supervisor in case of any issue related to material picking and material internal delivery.
- Propose to his/her leader/supervisor any potential improvement in terms of processes and tools and collaborate to its implementation if/when approved
- Participate in inventory count
- Collaborate in keeping areas clean and organized
- Create Purchase Requisitions or similar for Point Of Use material
- Create Purchase Requisitions or similar for Utilities
- Create Purchase Requisitions or similar for PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Coordinate with suppliers regarding material arrival for POU, Utility, PPE
- Generate reports and documentation necessary to support POU, Utility, PPE processes.
Knowledge & Skills
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Material Handling Safety
- Line feeding
- Inventory keeping execution
- Spare-Parts management
- Material handling activity planning and management
- Scraps management
- Put away Process
- Picking & Kitting Process
- Logistics Information system
- Hi Lo and Tugger Operations Required
- Crane Operation Required
- Knowledge of different materials (pneumatic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic).
- MS Office, especially Excel, and G-mail
- SAP (or other ERP system as applicable)
- Warehouse procedures
- Potential to include physical job requires capability to lift up to 50 pounds at times