Sr Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Technician (Material Handling) - Allentown, PA
Location: Allentown, PA
The Sr. Customer Service Technician will operate within our customers facilities performing the maintenance function per the Intelligrated contract. The Sr. Customer Service Technician is critical to the smooth operation of our customers distribution centers and will be required to perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of our customers various material handling systems. The Sr. Customer Service Technician will take the initiative to coordinate with other departments the activities required for the safe and satisfactory completion of any job tasks. The Sr. Customer Service Technician will represent Intelligrated on site and will also need to follow our customers guidelines for general work practices outlined on site. The Sr. Customer Service Technician will serve as a lead troubleshooter and provide onsite technical skills .
- Assists other Customer Service Technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Completes work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Operates material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment; utilizes TCPiP as a troubleshooting/setup tool
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to safety and quality procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, PC logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Assists in the development of specific technical and training documentation; assists in the development of a Technical Support Help Desk/Troubleshooting Guide
- Provides resolutions to mechanical, technical/controls issues; documents all information relating to customer support issues in CMMS and Dashboard database; utilizes resources in other departments (when necessary) to expedite the resolution of conveyor related issues
- Provides information to the Customer Service Department and other members of management to enhance Customer Service success
- Follows up with customers and other departments to ensure issues have been resolved
- Participates in cleaning the conveyor systems and part cage as appropriate
- Maintains inventory of company supplied tools
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
- Adheres to all department and company standards, operating procedures and safety requirements while contributing to improvement
- Serves as a Technical Trainer to the Customer Service Technician
- Takes the role of the CSS Site Supervisor on days required
- Analyzes and troubleshoots reoccuring issues and creates an ROI to support the change
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
High school diploma or GED. One year certification from college or technical school is preferred. Two to four years of related experience in mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and/or installation is required. Conveyor and/or Sortation experience a plus. Shift work may be required. In addition to the Technician qualifications five or more years of mechanical troubleshooting, maintenance and/or installation experience in a similar position required showing progressive increase in responsibility.
MS Office (Word, Excel , PowerPoint and Outlook)
Ability to work well with the customer and associates and represent the organization in a positive manner
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets
Intelligrated®, now part of Honeywell, is a leading North American-based, single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Intelligrated solutions give businesses a competitive edge and optimize operational performance through increased flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor, IntelliSort® sortation, Alvey® palletizers and robotics, and automated storage and retrieval systems – all managed by advanced machine controls and software. Intelligrated Software offers warehouse execution systems, a scalable suite of software that manages the entire fulfillment process, including equipment, labor and business intelligence, integrated with voice- and light-directed picking and putting technologies.
From concept to integration to lifecycle support services, Intelligrated delivers dependable, sustained distribution and fulfillment success, and maximum return on investment. Intelligrated backs every project with 24X7 multilingual technical support and access to lifecycle service through a network of national, regional and local service centers.